Using various resources, find a contemporary artist (that is, any artist who has worked in the 21st century) who deals with content similar to your own. It does not have to be visually similar, but you are dealing with similar themes, ideas or questions. Some resources you could use:
- Other online links (se my list here)
- The awesome contemporary art books in the classroom
- The library
- Actual galleries and museums in our area!
WRITE A BLOG POST:
Write a short blog post responding to the following prompts:
- What are some of this artist's Big Ideas?
- Briefly describe this artist's work and their process
- How does this artist expand their ideas into a series of works?
DUE: MONDAY, APRIL 14 (5 points)
5 / Research is thorough and meaningful / Full responses to prompts, with detail and insight
4 / Research is adequate / Basic responses to prompts, offering only superficial insight
3 / Research is limited / Limited responses to prompts, offering little detail or insight
2 / Little to no meaningful research / Incomplete or missing responses to prompts, no detail or insight